This global manufacturing company is entering a very exciting time. The client is working to expand their presence in America and has recently grown by moving some of their New Product Development resources here to the Charlotte area. Their environment is one that is very entrepreneurial and collaborative. As a growing group they will continue to feed off of ideas brought in by individual team members and run with them. One of the great things about the way the company operates is that they have very little red tape and give a great deal of runway to their new product team as they push them for new, exciting, and innovative ideas. This a great company for creative and energetic engineers who enjoy working both on their own and within a team to achieve great things from a new product development perspective.
- Work within cross-functional team to discern internal and external customer product wants and needs, fully specify components and products, and ensure process capability to produce to specification.
- Engineering assignments regularly involve working independently and/or leading major projects with considerable latitude for unreviewed action or decision-making. The work requires originality, ingenuity, or specialized technical knowledge in solving very complex or broad problems using the application of standard or advanced engineering principles.
- May plan, assign, and mentor personnel for given projects or tasks.
Location: Charlotte, NC
- Develop engineering specifications and documentation that meets product criteria, design intent, and performance requirements.
- Provide analytical, structural, and functional engineering guidance in support of Designers and Core Teams in evaluating the feasibility of new and modified product designs. Constructively deal with the ambiguity and engineering trade-offs inherent in new product development.
- Conceptualize innovative engineering solutions using Pro-Engineer.
- Follow NPC (New Product Commercialization) procedures on all new product development and product extension programs.
- Lead presentations of engineering concepts for design reviews.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering to achieve designs that optimize tooling and manufacturing processes and reliability.
- Approve product and or system designs and release for prototype and production.
- Manage prototype builds to meet project team objectives.
- Maintain the integrity of new and existing products in terms of performance, specifications, and quality.
- Lead initiatives to resolve product warranty, production, process, and supplier issues.
- Interface with customers on product information or quality issues.
- Assist in evaluating potential suppliers and tool vendors in conjunction with Purchasing and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Provide project activity direction to assigned support personnel.
- May review work of assigned team members and provide input on performance.
- Prepare and manage schedules, budgets, and manpower requirements for assigned projects.
- Follow/create required work instructions and influence corporate policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in new product development or continuous improvement of existing products
- Technology development, leadership and mentorship
- Experience using CREO/Pro-e software highly preferred
- Ability to work in a team setting by supporting the overall goals, actively participating, and valuing the unique skills and contributions of other team members.
- Maintains a positive attitude in addressing concerns.
- A self-starter who commits to and owns responsibility for timely completion of assigned projects or deliverables.
- Well organized: ability to schedule and track multiple projects.