This client is a well-known Global Manufacturing Company which specializes in the design, development, production, and sale of state-of-the art Consumer Goods products. They have built a dynamic team in the Charlotte, NC area in a brand-new facility that will serve has their hub for a number of different divisions of the company. This Quality Engineer position, along with a few others, are the building blocks of this team and they are excited to get an “A+” player on board as soon as they can identify them.
A little bit about the company and position:
- Facility is located about 10 minutes from Uptown Charlotte
- This consumer goods company is ramping up their focus on new product development and this position will play a very cross-functional role w/ sales, marketing, design, and others.
- A unique opportunity to be on the ground floor in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment.
- This is a VERY visible role that will involve frequent interaction with leadership all the way up to the President and CEO of the very large corporation!
- Experience in new product development or continuous improvement of existing products would be ideal.
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Manage product quality in all phases of the product life cycle.
- Provide support, guidance, leadership and expertise to support functions and suppliers.
- Work closely with internal cross-functional team. Attend Sales and Marketing meetings as needed.
- Optimize design by leading cross-functional completion of DFMEA.
- Optimize process by leading cross-functional completion of flow, PFMEA, and control plan.
- Conduct on-site Supplier Quality Audits, provide oversight, ensure GSM compliance for SQA’s performed.
- Lead effective corrective action by leading 5-Why, CAPA, and 8D processes.
- Provide relevant metrics in all phases of the product life cycle, in all phases of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience in quality.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Project Management Skills – The ability to follow project plans and meet key deadlines.
- Experience with Quality disciplines – ISO 19000 knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Manufacturing, including injection molding and plastics.