This client is a leading developer of consumer healthcare products and services with a reputation of dominating the market through innovative commercialization strategies and unmatched client satisfaction. This Engineering Project Manager will play a vital role managing and engineering Capital projects across several manufacturing sites in North America. This is a very high visibility role with a lot of room for growth and advancement within a dynamic organization and could be an incredible, career-changing position for the right individual!
This individual will become a crucial member of their leadership team, working to strategically drive forward engineering and construction projects and oversee facility upgrades. They will be responsible for heading up and managing capital project and facility expansion projects from coordinating, planning, designing, installation and commissioning. The company has seen a great deal of growth recently, which makes this role vital in contributing to the development and execution of the company's operating objectives and facilitating significantly increased growth and profitability.
- Greater Charlotte Area
- Review project plans and proposals.
- Collaborate with management to develop project objectives.
- Prepare project plans to present objectives, deliverables, resource needs, cost estimates and timelines.
- Review contractor bids for scope of work, cost, quality of service and duration.
- Drive execution of capital projects with diligent communication.
- Communicate risks and provide mitigation options as needed.
- Allocate project resources as appropriate.
- Prepare status reports and regularly monitor budgets, contractors and schedules.
- Maintain accurate records of communications, scope changes and expenses associated with projects.
- Ensure compliance with state, federal and company rules and regulations by maintaining project integrity and reputation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 4+ years of manufacturing engineering experience (process, maintenance, mechanical/electrical, project).
- 2 years of experience in a project management role.
- Experience with capital equipment and facility expansion projects.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong leadership, communication, teamwork, conflict management, accuracy, problem solving, priority management and independent decision-making skills.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Basic proficiency in CAD software.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Project Management certification (PMP, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA Regulations, failure investigation principles and/or statistical principles and analysis preferred.