My client is a global, high-growth manufacturer, specializing in industrial air filtration. They are looking to bring on a high-impact Director of Service Sales for their Charlotte, NC facility. This is a VERY important hire for the company as this person will play a crucial role in the growth of this division and the company as a whole. The Director of Service Sales will be responsible for spare part sales, technology renewal retrofits, customer training, installed machine maintenance, and the execution of equipment installations and warranty service for primarily customers based in the continental US. This position has responsibility for the organization’s strategic service plan to promote the growth of service sales and preventative maintenance contracts and service offerings and secure new business. The Director of Service Sales also manages the team in the delivery of quality products and services, implements processes improvements that provide value throughout the product lifecycle and develops key performance indicators to measure the financial impact of strategic initiatives and their value to the customer.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement aftermarket sales/service strategies to proactively engage customers with products and services that bring total cost of ownership value to customers and to generate new business revenue.
- Proactive pursuit of preventative maintenance contracts, retrofit or system enhancements, accessibility and availability of key parts, monitoring and system control technologies and other value added service concepts that ensure customer sustainability of solution.
- Develop business plans, revenue forecasts, budgets, organizations and metrics consistent with a customer-centric and profitable organization and manage aftermarket group to achieve desired results.
- Direct service operations and technicians for project execution, commissioning support, claim investigation and operational support at predefined service rates. Measure and track utilization of service operations and KPI’s to ensure achievement of customer and corporate goals.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams and department managers to resolve issues, provide status and achieve objectives.
- Manage and build relationships with key customers, maintenance companies, authorized service partners and associated channels to promote company brand and identify aftermarket sales/service opportunities for generating new business.
- Develop and lead customer surveys related to customer satisfaction of spare parts, service and installation performance.
- Oversee the creation of presentations, quotations, service level agreements, spare parts kits and training materials for the aftermarket group.
- Direct the aftermarket group to ensure effective service, timely quotations and sales execution through the implementation of processes, procedures and world-class best practices.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build and manage service sales team and share vision, skills and knowledge with others.
- Skilled at managing customer expectations, balancing priorities and thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated customer service, planning and problem solving skills.
- General working knowledge of industrial ventilation, filtration system design and electrical control systems is highly desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook and CRM packages.
- Strong communication skills required with the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, contractors, and other consultants. Knowledge of legal process during project execution, site supervision, and enforcement/application of those legal requirements.
- Strong organization, problem solving, and analytical skills with attention to details
- Must be a pro-active self-starter with the ability to work independently, learn new technology and provide leadership to project team and mentor staff.
- Travel – Up to 50% travel in domestic US