This client is a leading developer of consumer healthcare products and services with a reputation of dominating the market through innovative commercialization strategies and unmatched client satisfaction. The Manufacturing Manager will be positioned to manage, lead and provide technical support for the Packaging and Processing areas within the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.
The Director of Purchasing and Supply Chain will be responsible for overseeing strategy and tactics related to demand planning, inventory management, optimization, purchasing and supplier management, along with the day to day management of sourcing and demand planning.
- Direct and oversee inventory accuracy, tracking, reporting, auditing. Identify, manage and problem solve material availability issues, reduce non-value-added time spent on expediting Manage inventory and establishes controls to ensure company is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Intervene and resolve current / upcoming servicing issues through strong cross functional SOP process
- Maintain relationships with third party vendors to ensure that the complete scope of planning activities remains connected with operations and compliant with quality requirements.
- Manage the logistics and planning function to ensure optimal processing of orders.
- Participates in annual strategic planning and budgeting process to develop plans in support of business development and global corporate initiatives.
- Reviews financial budgets for Operations Department and supporting departments.
- Advises management on the financial implications of supply chain activities to obtain maximum value and reduce costs
- BS/BA degree in Supply Chain, Mathematics or Business Management required.
- Masters’ Degree / MBA Preferred
- APICs, LEAN and/or Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Advanced degree, LEAN and/or Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Supply chain best practices, quality assurance programs, sanitation practices, maintenance procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Health & Safety programs
- Experience managing teams required
- Able to work with multiple functions within the organization including product management, R&D, order management, quality, and finance.