This client is a leading developer of consumer healthcare products and services with a reputation of dominating the market through innovative commercialization strategies and unmatched client satisfaction. The Environmental Health and Safety Director will be positioned to lead the development of strategies that ensure the effectiveness of EHS and security programs for the company.
- Charlotte, NC area (North)
- Develop, implement, and direct safety training programs, policies, and procedures. Monitors compliance of training and record keeping.
- Update existing EH&S programs, policies, and procedures.
- Manage all federal, state, and local environmental programs (Air, SPCC, Storm Water, etc.) and permits and ensure compliance. Acts as company representative with government agencies in environmental, safety, and health matters affecting the company.
- Recommend and budget EH&S capital expenditure items. Review proposed CARs and approve them from a safety/environmental perspective
- Establish facility EH&S goals and metrics
- Identify safety improvement projects on the production floor and coordinate cross functional resources to complete projects and mitigate risks. Utilize the Safety Committee where feasible to complete projects and mitigate risks.
- Conduct accident reviews and investigate root causes to identify short and long-term corrective actions as necessary. Ensure corrective actions are completed timely.
- Lead, initiate, and manage a philosophy of continuous improvement in environmental, health and safety areas.
- Manage EH&S vendors, expenses, & budget
- Manage security function at the facility
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Engineering, Science or other technical related field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in an Environmental, Health & Safety position in a manufacturing environment
- At least 5 years of experience in an EH&S leadership role (Manager, Sr. Manager or Director-level)
- Registered professional certification from a nationally recognized board (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Safety Auditor, OSHA 500, or similar certification).
- Proven track record of influencing key decision makers at the executive level regarding safety and environmental strategies and the ability to successfully operationalize and integrate into the day-to-day business activities.
- In-depth technical knowledge of current OSHA, and governmental environmental regulations.
- Be comfortable working in a cross-functional matrix organization.
- VP of Manufacturing