My client is a very exciting, high growth company that provides cloud based real-time data intelligence, communication platform and point of sales solutions for customers in the building supply chain. Contractors & building suppliers utilize their database of 3+ million products to systematize and enhance their sales experiences. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for ensuring high availability of an infrastructure that processes millions of customer records on a daily basis, and supporting teams with standardized tools and processes to help them get things done better and faster. This position will play a vital role in the company’s continued success which makes it an EXTREMELY important hire for them and an excellent opportunity for the right person! The ideal candidate is self-motivated, can lead by example, and thrives in a collaborative and entrepreneurial team environment.
- Charlotte, NC area
- Promote and evangelize DevOps practices within Engineering and the delivery teams
- Design, configuration and maintain automation tools for continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Create and maintain templates covering both on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure to support configuration as code and infrastructure as code practices
- You will join a small team that develops and maintains all company infrastructure.
- You will work closely with all development teams, including application engineering, data engineering, and data science
- You will evolve our deployment process and eventually help realize continuous deployment
- You will take initiatives to improve system reliability, scalability, security, and monitoring and drive projects end to end
- You will troubleshoot and resolve issues related to deployment and operations
- You will develop and maintain chaos engineering, disaster recovery, and penetration testing, ensuring that our infrastructure is tolerant to attacks and failures
- BS in CS, EE, Informatics or similar preferred but not required
- 1+ years of experience in DevOps, SRE, or equivalently scoped role
- Node JS experience a plus
- Google Cloud or AWS experience a plus